Friday, October 29, 2010

Lists

Ten important things I have gathered while working with teenager/ "pre-teens":
1. Forgetting books in a locker is an everyday occurrence.
2. If an 11 year old boy can throw a football better then you, do not play.
3. Disney channel is an essential to every pre-teen's life.
4. To "bomb" a test, means that you have done well.
5. Electrified music(Selina Gomez, Hannah Montanna, ext.) is played on the hour and is the most annoying noise I have ever heard.
6. Never refer to younger kids as "little ones"(they are pre-teens)
7. Farting is the funniest joke, along with any type of bathroom humor(for both boys and girls)
9. Lighting while studying, gets in the way of the emo-persona.
10. These are the most amazing, unique, wonderful teens I have ever!!


Working with these teenagers has definitely tested me in multiple ways.  It has tested my patience and my anger level.  It has enforced to always be in check with myself, in order to be a mentor.  These kids are simply amazing, the more I learn the more I admire them.  


I cannot believe that the holidays are coming up so fast.  My favorite holiday is around the corner.  Yes you guessed it, Thanksgiving and it is because of the loads of food present.  Thanksgiving is also close to my heart because of all of the traditions my family and I partake in.  As I continue to grow up the traditions, which I once looked at as a burden are now events that I cannot wait to participate in.  I am so excited to see my wonderful family and friends, you are all missed, while the cold weather is not!!

No comments:

Post a Comment