Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Humility

Verbs in Action
Allow humility to define you
Place each soul before your own
Kiss a mother with gratitude
Whisper love to a friend
Send a smile to a stranger
Yearn to touch a life
Strive to make an impact
Continue to rejoice in every circumstance
-Anonymous


I was surfing the web the other day and I found this poem.  I instantly felt that it defined what I am doing here.  To be in any position of service, we must possess humility.  By "allowing humility to define" me I must place others before myself.  I will admit, this is not an easy task.  I know we are all guilty of placing ourself before others.  But, a part of growing up pushes me to see that the world is made up of many individuals that are in need.  When we are thinking of solely ourselves it is difficult to hear others cry for help.  Simple acts such as reaching out to someone or telling a loved one how much they mean can make a world of difference.  In doing a year of service I must strive to think of others and  give everything I have to offer.  In acting selflessly I know that I will gain more then simply thinking of myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment